FoodNarc seeks to be an online community that explores the aspects of living well, generally within the context of food. Eating is a fundamental aspect of daily living, giving us the energy we need and affecting our overall health. Food is also important to other aspects of life, including emotional well-being and human interaction. Furthermore, food is a force in many of the areas of our lives that matter (e.g. politics, economics). Unfortunately in the 21st century, many of us are so far removed from our food that we often do not know what real food is and how some of the things we ingest affect our health or the world around us. FoodNarc is dedicated to providing a resource for people that want to:
- Eat whole, unprocessed, nutrient-dense, safe foods that fuel our need for energy and help us achieve optimum health and well-being.
- Avoid foods that cause chronic and pervasive inflammation, illness, fatigue, and modern metabolic diseases* that are eroding our quality of life.
- Understand the role of the economy and other influences on our food system.
- Understand and evaluate dietary recommendations we receive from our government, organizations, experts, and others.
- Understanding how food effects us in other ways. E.g. – Politics, Economics, Ethics, Ecology, and so on.
- Explore the many different recommended dietary approaches and see which approach fit your needs and lifestyle.
- Scrutinize food, and anything related to it, for inconsistencies, dangers, or concerns.
- Explore current scientific evidence, research and claims on food related topics
Additionally, we may include information on various other topics, ideas, or products that are related to, but may extend beyond food. This aspect of the site will feature content on topics such as travel, life-hacks, ideas, products, books, and much, much more.
If you are interested in learning more about FoodNarc and our mission, please sign up below to receive updates from us.
The FoodNarc Team
* E.g. diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, obesity, etc.